Nov 7 2008 1:18 am
6lbs 11 oz 18"
After a week of grumpy days and one false alarm, Sam offically joined our family. Although barely 24 hrs old, he has been the easiest baby ever. I arrived at the hospital at 7cm (about 11 pm), had to be on strep b antibiotics for an hour, went to the bathroom, did a dance on the way back to the bed (thanks to the party music, James!), our fabulous Doc broke my water, and Sam was born about 15 min later. Jake held my hand at just the right time, and although he was a little nervous Marmee wasn't there, he did it! We are so blesssed to be healthly and have everything go so well. It was wonderful to have Ruth, Jesse and Kelby, Allison and Justin there. I really appreciate the support. Grace and Isaac really love the baby and Jake is doing a great job taking care of us (not an easy job). We are now home and excited to see what each new day will bring. Isaac, without prompting, sent a kiss Sam's direction this evening and Grace is eager to help. I am so happy to be sharing our good news! I hope it finds you all well, too...



5 comments:
He is precious! Thanks for the pictures - post more :) Welcome to the world baby Samuel!
Congratulations! Anna
What a beautiful little boy! I'm glad you are doing well.
Hooray for baby Sam!!!! I'm so glad I got to see you guys today! you look great!
Congradulations! (I'm the friend from dance class, by the way!) I think we will do dance class again in January, but I'm not sure what day or time. But If you do it again, that would be awesome! It was fun to get to know you, and now we can stay in touch through blogs! Cute baby!! I'm happy it all went well. Cute name you gave him! I hope that you are surviving! Those first couple of weeks are always an adjustment! Good luck! And have Happy Holidays with your new...growing family!
It was good seeing you and the fam on Thanksgiving! Samuel is so cute! I think your blog is great and it is fun to check up on your family!
Post a Comment