Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May Days...

The last is first and the first is last folks! I realized half way through that I should have done it differently. Don't be confused. The beginning of the month's activities are at the end of the blog and the most recent ones are first. I didn't post pictures of bowling or Father/Son campout because I have none. Ruth, Trisa, hand them over...
Grace attended her first Primary activity at church this past Saturday. Ruth made her a skirt and the bonnet. Thank you Ruth! It was a pioneer theme. She looked so cute and was so excited. I know Grace would have made an excellent pioneer! Speaking of pioneer sort of activites, the garden is planted, Jake says I am over watering, everything is coming along nicely and I am so excited. I check it daily for progress.












Jake and Grace went fishing last Saturday. They left at 5:45 am and went up to a "stocked" pond in Provo Canyon. Grace was so excited about catching a fish the day before and Jake just knew that we would be having fish for dinner (I'm still not convinced they are safe to eat.) Anyway, Jake says they fished for a while and the fish weren't bitting. Grace said, "It brought me to tears." So Jake sent her looking for butterflies and while she wasn't looking he took a dead fish, stuck it on the hook, and threw it in the water. Jake then helped Grace catch the fish. (If she could read I wouldn't be posting this story.) It would be cute except that Jake said she could bring the fish home and show it to everyone. Right now it is in a ziplock bag in my freezer...great.

Sam started rolling over! (He has yet to stop smiling.) And whether you believe it or not, he said, "HI" this month.

We also celebrated Ruth's birthday with a party at Jared and Trisa's house. Jesse and Kelby made a fabulous cake! Happy Birthday Ruth!














Grace, Isaac, Jake and I conquered the Y and live to tell about it! We did it one Friday morning before class. Jake is so ambitious and good thing he is strong too. We plan to do it again when I graduate.



Grace saved up her money for over a month and was able to buy her beloved hermit crabs, first named "Lilo" and "Stitch" and now they are "Pinch" and "Pincher". They are still alive at the moment after enduring Grace's loving for almost a month now. Pinch has lost a leg after falling in a crack in the fireplace upstairs. The internet says he will eventually be able to grow it back (if he lives that long). Grace has really taken good care of them and they are fun to bathe, fed and as Grace says "The pinching is the kissing!"





While Marmee and Jessica were here we were also able to celebrate Jessica's 18th Birthday!!!!! Happy Birthday Jessica! We decorated our little kitchen as only Marmee can do and we ate at Macaroni Grill (which was better than I last remembered it) and had a delicious cake from Cold stone. We played a mean game of phase 10 twist and then after the kids were in bed we were able to talk with Papa in Kuwait over the Webcam. Because of Mother's Day there was a 3 minute delay, we hope to do it again soon with the kids. I think Jessica had a great day; the only bummer was that she was sick. Thank you Marmee and Jessica. We loved seeing you.



Friday after all the graduation festivities we attended a BYU Baseball game. Grace and Isaac have been able to attend BYU football, basketball and baseball over the course of the season.... Go Cougars!


During Allison's graduation ceremony, Justin and Sam had a tongue-sticking-out contest. I think it ended in a tie.



Allison graduated with her Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology and we all were delighted with a visit from Marmee and Jessica. She took a job outside of SLC and we are so glad that Grace, Isaac and Sam will now have rich aunt! (just kidding) CONGRATULATIONS ALLIE!

4 comments:

Allison said...

I think you did the blog in the right order because you put the most recent first. I love all the pictures and comments. Your blog is awesome!

Leanne said...

congrats to Allison!! amazing!

I love knowing that you are still alive and doing well!! girls night at my (payson) house this week sometime...you say when.

Leanne said...

sorry, next week.

Allison said...

i love the new blog layout! you are so crafty!