Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010

"Have no fear, little fish," Said the Cat in the Hat. " "These Things are good Things."
And he gave them a pat. "They are tame. Oh, so tame!They have come here to play. They will give you some fun
On this wet, wet, wet day."

Halloween 2010 has been fun. We celebrated from Thursday thru Sunday in all sorts of weather and enjoyed it all, of course. I don't know if next year my kids will go along with a family theme so I took advantage of it while I could and I LOVED IT. Grace was born on Dr. Seuss's birthday and while she wanted to be a dragon at first, it didn't take much convincing to be the Cat in the Hat. The only modification was a pink bow...because she is a girl. The boys were cute and comfortable. Isaac loved his blue hair and Sam enjoyed Trick or Treating more than the other two did at his age. He thought he was such a big boy and would say over and over, "More doors!" He was alittle afraid by scary music or decorations. Thursday was Isaac's preschool party, Friday Grace had her school parade and we had the ward party, Saturday we went to Trisa and Jared's for what has become a Trick or Treating Tradition. It rained for a few minutes when we started and when it began again it was the cue to end with Sam. Uncle Jared took the big kids in the car and Grandpa and I walked Jackson and Sam. I didn't think Sam would last very long, but even after Jackson went in, we hit a few more doors. On our way home we stopped off to see Justin and Wendy. They dressed as Mickey and Minnie Mouse. Sam was in awe so he hid behind a bush. The whole way home he talked about Justin being Mickey Mouse. Jake left to finish up a job in Colorado early Saturday morning, but we were glad to have him for the ward party on Friday night. I was Sally and Jake was Nick from the Cat in the Hat. I don't look all that great in the picture but we sure had fun.
Sunday was low-key as Sam covered himself in vaseline. Lucky I knew just what to do! It isn't my first time around the block. I recited the five little pumpkins story/poem to the nursery kids and my theatrical presentation captivated them until I cut them off after the sixth time. We made spider crackers for snack time and decorated paper with pumpkin stickers, after we had a lesson on prophets, of course. We had halloween Kraft mac and cheese for lunch and dinner was pizza with pepperoni cut in to triangles and then placed like a pumpkin face. The adult pizza I mixed pureed butternut squash in with the spagetti sauce to make it more orange and to go with my campaign, "Why not eat healthy?" We also finally carved a pumpkin, the kids watched Monsters, Inc. and Grandpa took them on a walk. Kids in bed and I have been posting and watching Twilight(because it has Vampires!) I have alot of posts to catch up on as things are not slowing down. Guess who is two next Sunday?



1 comment:

Leanne said...

I love that they were thing one and thing two...plus they look so much alike! I LOVE IT!!! Hop on Pop is the perfect 1st book! great job Gracie!!