Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Days Of School

2nd Grade
Grace started second grade this year and was excited to get back in to the swing of things.  This is the first time we have gone to the same school with the kids from church and the neighborhood.  One of her friends is in her class and that has been wonderful.  Her teacher is Mrs. Melander.

Kindergarten
Isaac started kindergarten a week after Grace.  He is such a sweet boy even if he still doesn't quite know the alphabet. (School learning may be a life long change for him, but I know if anyone can do it, it is him.) On the first day, he wanted his hair to be not too sharky. (a faux-hawk)  His teacher seems wonderful, and he wants to go every day. His teacher is Mrs. Mower.


1st year preschool
Sam started preschool today.  He has been waiting for today!   He had his Cars backpack ready and his "power ranger" shoes on.  (His shoes are actually just ones that were on sale, but he thinks they are power ranger so I went with it.)  Sam is going to preschool from 9:30 to 11:30.  He insisted I make him a lunch and put it in his back pack along with his homework, which he doesn't have.  I promised him a happy meal afterward to celebrate, but he just wanted his packed lunch.  He is so eager to be a big kiddo. He knows just how it is suppose to be and there is no way mom is going to mess it up! It is also fun that Sam is going to preschool with his cousin. 

"See my cool Cars backpack!"
I have just Isaac in the morning and Sam in the afternoon.  It is fun to have a little one on one time with each kid.  Isaac may need all of the time I have to give and it will be nice to prepare for one on one with Grace when she gets home.  I miss toddlers, but I know my kids are a little more high maintenance so it is good to be able to give them what they need. I also see visions of a clean house and finished projects in my future.  It is about stinkin' time! 





No comments: