Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Grace is 7

A few weeks ago Grace said, "It is my favorite time of the year.  It is my birthday time of the year."  A few days ago she said, "The birthday elves are going to have to work extra hard this year.  Not the elves like Santa's.  It means you, Mom."  Every year I wonder if Grace's birthday will live up to the memory of the year before.  I realize I do it to myself trying to make year birthday extra special.  As Grace grows, her birthday wishes change making each year the beginning of the best year ever in Grace's life.  This year she didn't even know what to ask for...  She doesn't play with toys and she has everything she could need. She did want a new night gown so we passed that wish along which I didn't think would be hard to find until she tacked on the wish of a bird night gown so Marmee took that on.  I have been eye-ing these bird wings on pinterest so I passed that wish to Ruth.  Since we have recently moved and Grace doesn't have alot of close friends, I decided she could just invite two friends to go some place with her.  She decided on the aquarium and then out to lunch at Cafe Rio and then to get frozen yogurt.  She took her best friend who she rides the bus with and a friend from our new ward. But I am getting ahead of myself, all of that happened on Saturday.  On friday, she wanted eggs and bacon before school and we let her open her presents from us, clay, an idea book, and clay press, from the boys, a bag she could color, and also a Dr Suess book, which is a tradition.   She was having a read-a-thon, which she had been trying to sneek books to school for it all week, so she brought her blanket to school and two Dr. Suess books.  After school she made a clay dragon and we got ready to meet the cousins at McDonalds and then we were going to see The Lorax.  (I was madly cleaning with Allison who came to say happy Birthday to grace,  to get ready for Jessica's bridal shower which was also the next day.)  McDonald's was a crazy house but Trisa and kids, Jesse, Kelby and Liam, Heather, Josh and Cason, Justin and Wendy, Grandma and Grandpa, and the funnest birthday surprise.... It worked out that Joanie and kids were in town!, all braved McDonalds.  (I won't do that again.)  She recieved many wonderful presents, puzzles, how to train your dragon books, Dr Suess all about me book,  butterfly net, craft stuff and basically everything she could want.  Thanks to all those who came and let Grace know she has many wonderful people who love her.   She liked the movie and all in all it was a great time to celebrate Grace: fun, creative, growing and working hard.  We Love YOU, Grace!    

No comments: