Isaac woke up birthday morning to yarn... all over. No it wasn't because we hadn't cleaned up a mess from the day before. Jake tied one end of a string to his bed and then wove them all over the house to end at a present. It was a little scavenger hunt, Isaac style. He just did three strings but one led all the way to the basement. The streamers and balloons were up and these time I got around to making a birthday banner. Isaac was pretty excited.
I was alittle worried because when I asked Isaac what he wanted for birthday breakfast (which I always tell them they can have WHATEVER they want), he said he wanted salmon. Not doughnuts, not bacon, not waffles... and for dinner he wanted spinach.
Finally Jake convinced him to have doughnuts for breakfast, and salmon and spinach for dinner. he is such a sweet boy and I hated to not give him just what he asked for... He did get a bug house to make with Jake, which they did, right then. He also got an electric current experiment thing, also to be done with a little assistance and a water gun. (I ordered him a stomp rocket to play with at his birthday party, two days later, but it hadn't come yet.) Isaac opened his present from Marmee which was a press dough kit. (It is like playdough stuff for cookie dough.) Thomas, Jackson and baby Jake came over to play and the weather was nice so they played with the water gun outside. Then Isaac wanted to watch cartoons and have pizza for lunch. We ran to the store and picked up some cookie dough and salmon. Then we went home to make some great cookies. Allison arrived just in time to provide us with some awesome frosting, sprinkles and the hit! candy eyes!!!! (candy eyes make any glop of frosting purposeful) Thanks Allie!
Dad came home and we got dinner underway: salmon, steak, spinach salad, and roasted potatoes. Isaac loved his dinner. Then he picked his favorite cookie and we sang happy birthday to him. (I made cupcakes for his party.) Thats not all folks! The weather was so lovely we went on a bike ride/walk. Isaac took a moment to throw rocks in the water and Sam took a turn pulling me in the wagon. What a lovely way to spend a birthday!
Bedtime I devoted to Isaac. He is an introvert so at bedtime, when it is quiet, he has all of these things stored up inside that he wants to share. Usually I listen a little and then have to go off to do Grace's routine or clean up. On his birthday, I just listened... until he stopped. It was helpful that he wanted to sleep on the floor. I just layed down beside him and listen to ideas of forts, moats, inventions, ideas, and, finally, sweet dreams.

No comments:
Post a Comment