Happy Fall! This is my favorite season. I love the crisp air, the changing of the leaves, the harvest (not that I've ever had much to harvest), the anticipation for the holidays to come, and the beginning of the food fest. The first tradition is going to the Red Barn in Santaquin. First with Jake and then with Grandma, Grandpa, and cousins. We didn't ride on the big wagon with the school children this year, instead we just rode on this little one. Grace picked out a few little gourds and Isaac just threw them. The green behind Grace's leg are the weeds she picked in the pumpkin room. True to character, Isaac is smiling sweetly and Grace is talking. I think she is telling us how she wants to be a baby grasshopper for halloween. Before we left, we bought a candy apple to share and some apple syrup Jake supplies for a friend in New York. Apparently, it is pretty amazing stuff.

I think Isaac's favorite part about the trip was the stop before the pumpkin farm. We met Grandpa for a moment on his route. Isaac could have stayed and been Grandpa's helper all day!

Friday night we went up in the mountains for hot dogs and smores. The leaves were beautiful and we had fun with the cousins. Grace loved roaming, although I was slightly offended when she took a seat on a log with a different family. She doesn't know a stranger. Saturday night, we went to McDonalds with Ruth, Trisa and the cousins. Grace also moved her food to sit with a fun Grandpa and Grandma and kids. I wouldn't let her sit at their table, but she insisted on the next table over.
Oh, one last thing about Friday night, we hit a deer on the way back. Actually, it hit us. We slowed down for the mommy deer, but the baby we didn't see, and it ran right into the side of our car. No damage was done to the us, but the deer broke its neck. Jake dragged it off the road and wanted to bring it home to process. Thank heavens the division of wildlife will process it for the food bank. The last thing I want is a cooler full of deer meat bleeding out, along with a house to pack, a baby coming soon and a baby grasshopper costume to find. (Sorry, Jake, I didn't post the dead deer picture.)
Conference weekend was wonderful. Sunday, Allison and Justin came over for lunch and the last session, and Tom, Ruth, Trisa and cousins came over for dinner. It was nice to have everyone over here for a change. Grace reinacted the deer hitting the car for everyone. It was quite amusing (Jake was the car). I am looking forward to having Jake around alittle more.
Lets see, other updates, I did make it back into BYU, I believe Grace finally had a day at preschool where she didn't cry, Isaac is making more noise (does that lead to talking?) and Jake back in NY. Hopefully, I can get the summer pictures up now that a got these few up! Right now though, Isaac is poopy, Grace just stubbed her toe, and story time at the library awaits!

1 comment:
Sounds like an eventful weekend. Are you ok? I'm glad nothing happened to your car!! You know, I have no idea where to find a baby grasshopper costume, I bet though, that there is somewhere that you can buy a regular grasshopper, and pretend to be a baby?
Post a Comment