California here we come! Santa Monica was
so fun. I really had a great time and I think it was because Grace and Isaac were having so much fun. Jake, Grace, and Isaac made castles and even a little pool. Everytime it would fill will water, Isaac would jump up suprised! We had a wonderful hotel room just a few blocks away, but Grace was so exhausted she never had enough energy to make it very far! This is Grace after she collapsed on the wooden pier and waited for us. The wind was blowing just right to lift her dress up. She didn't care that about 10 people walked by...
Next to the hotel was a restaurant that had a big shell up against the wall. Jake called it the "magic shell." Grace would climb behind it and Jake would say "Magic shell, are you there? What should we do today?" Grace would answer accordingly and she never got tired of being the "magic shell."
Last, but not least, we made it to Sea World. Grace actually sat through the shamu show without freaking out about the theatrical music, and she would like a big swimming pool for Christmas so Shamu can come to visit. Isaac really loved the pet show with the dogs, cats, birds, ducks, and pig. We went twice.
I hope we get a chance to go to California next year. I know it was worth the long drive. Next up was our trip to Jackson Hole, WY. I don't have alot of pictures of the fun parts like the boat ride Grace went on with cousins (Isaac was sleeping). 
Isaac helped Grandpa shuck corn for one of our many delicious meals, and I was amazed that we herded the kids around the buffalo and got them all looking in the same direction. I think they must be growing up... or maybe we promised them a trip to the candy store around the corner.
For those of you who can't tell what this next picture is.... it is Russ, Grandma, GlobeHead... I mean Logan with a globe on his head, and Isaac. Ellis/Tidwells are so funny! (At least, we think we are.) I am sorry my camera doesn't take better pictures. Thanks for one last fun family trip of the summer.

Isaac helped Grandpa shuck corn for one of our many delicious meals, and I was amazed that we herded the kids around the buffalo and got them all looking in the same direction. I think they must be growing up... or maybe we promised them a trip to the candy store around the corner.
For those of you who can't tell what this next picture is.... it is Russ, Grandma, GlobeHead... I mean Logan with a globe on his head, and Isaac. Ellis/Tidwells are so funny! (At least, we think we are.) I am sorry my camera doesn't take better pictures. Thanks for one last fun family trip of the summer. I must now pay tribute to my last summer fling with Ann in Vegas. 
This is us at the Blue Man Group. They give you white crepe paper to dress up with. We (Ann, Kaitlyn, and I) were in the front row so we had to wear panchos. I am so glad the we avoided to spewing chewed up food. With that note, it was a great show!
Is it just me, or are the blue men attractive in a mysterious sort of way?
Thanks, Ann, for the great trip. I just wish you were actually relaxing instead of posing as if you were relaxing!!!
The food was amazing, the view was amazing, and I can't imagine a better way to have ended the summer of fun. With so much changing in my life right now, I, at least, had the summer!

This is us at the Blue Man Group. They give you white crepe paper to dress up with. We (Ann, Kaitlyn, and I) were in the front row so we had to wear panchos. I am so glad the we avoided to spewing chewed up food. With that note, it was a great show!
Is it just me, or are the blue men attractive in a mysterious sort of way?
Thanks, Ann, for the great trip. I just wish you were actually relaxing instead of posing as if you were relaxing!!!
The food was amazing, the view was amazing, and I can't imagine a better way to have ended the summer of fun. With so much changing in my life right now, I, at least, had the summer!
2 comments:
Oops, I just deleted my comment, I will now write it again...
Thank you so much for all the updates! We love seeing what you guys are up to :) You had an awesome summer!!! Next year if you go to California you will have to let us know and we can meet you there for a weekend or something. We love it but never get over that way. We would totally come to hang out with you guys though :) Your pictures are so cute, it looks like your kids had a wonderful summer as well and will have tons of fun memories! And what a fun girls weekend to Vegas. We love it there! I have seen the Blue Men twice and think they are so awesome! Good times! I hope we get to see you guys at Thanksgiving - do you think you will make it? Love you!
Post a Comment