Sunday, November 8, 2009

All About Sam

Happy Birthday Sam!
Sam is one. He is a wonderful little spirit. We have been so blessed to join our family. He is a happy boy and so easy going. He took his first steps on Thursday, but he has been bouncing all over the house for quite some time. He can say ball, bottle, DaDa, Grandpa, up, balloon, dog-dog, bye-bye and hot. He also does a charming shark bite. He loves to smile and he loves to be with is sister and brother. Happy Birthday Little One! We had a family party upstairs because we have such a big wonderful family. Thanks, Ruth. We played a few party games: twister, pin the party hat on Sam, and the watch me grow game. ( I made the last one up. It included pictures from every month of Sam's first year that had to be put in the correct order. Haley only missed two months. Then I taped the pictures on a string and hung it from the fireplace.) Grace amazed us with a magic trick. We made pizzas, well, Jake, Justin, Wendy and Isaac did most of the work. Allison brought cupcakes which were beautifully decorated by the kids and some of the adults. I think Sam enjoyed his birthday, I know I did. A few more things to note: 1.Sam loved the cupcake! He grabbed it frosting in hand and ate it all. 2.I spent three days trying to make a soft soccer ball which I had no pattern for but in the words of my mother-in-law,"How hard can it be?" The answer: Hard. It turned out egg shaped and that was even after I made further modifications. 3.My mom sang Sam happy birthday over the phone with the rest of us before Jake... I mean Sam blew out his candle. ( Sam's birthday outfit was sent by Marmee.) 4.Jesse, Kelby, and Liam gave Sam a vintage fisher-price phone. Just as Kelby was saying we could take it back if we wanted (we wouldn't have) Jake ripped into it. Apparently, it was a favorite childhood toy. Sam's presents were loved by all. He got some great things, thanks. 5.Most importantly to note, although Sam will not remember any of this, there are so many people that love him and want the best for him. Thanks everyone!







1 comment:

Leanne said...

hehe the soccer ball...you are so cute! Happy Birthday Sam! He is such a sweet little guy, I can't believe it's been a whole year!!!!