Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween. The past two days have been packed with excitment, so much so that I have yet to unpack from our fabulous California trip. Blogging is the priority! We got back late Thursday and woke bright and early on Friday for a monumental event. Grandpa's retirement ceremony at UPS. The kids were asked to dress up to remind the other drivers of Halloween and safety. Grandpa has worked for UPS for 32 years and has never had an accident or sick day. We are excited to have Grandpa home with us.

This is Isaac trick or treating at his playgroup. He was a spider. Thanks Joanie for the box of costumes you left for us. We are all set for Halloween next year.




Every year for the past three years we have gone to the Big Red Barn and rode the wagon to the pumpkin patch. This year we had a last minute change of plans with the vacation so we thought we would go the day of. We had inquired about the wagon rides but when we got there it turns out they weren't running. Instead we rode the CRV to the pumpkin patch and were able to get as many free pumpkins as we wanted. Grandma and Grandpa came too and we shared a delightful caramel apple and pumpkin doughnuts.


















After the pumpkin farm Grace and Isaac took a nap and Sam played with a babysitter while we met everyone at Maglebys to celebrate Tom's retirement with a lovely lunch. The picture is not the best, but the food and the company were wonderful.


Jake and Sam at the pumpkin farm. The snow brushed mountain are a beautiful backdrop but a bitter-sweet reminder that winter is on its way.
WHAT A NIGHT!
For Trick or Treating we headed up to Jared and Trisa's house. This year Isaac was spiderman, Grace was a shamu trainer and Sam was sad. It wasn't until our 11:00 emergency room visit after two hours of screaming that we found out he had a double ear infection.
Grace's costume consisted of black leggings and turtleneck, a whistle, gelled hair for the "I just hopped out of shamu's tank 'wet look' " and a wired shamu to do tricks. (She got a bloodly nose from the dry cold which I apparently did not wipe before this picture.)


Isaac was spider man. I didn't realize he wanted to be it until a few weeks ago and he hardly ever asks for anything so I went everywhere looking for a costume. Of course there were none to be found so Marmee made the dream come true and sent a spiderman costume from Ohio. He was so pleased with himself.
On the way home we stopped in Provo and saw Justin and Wendy. They were very festive. Grace was so excited they went as recycling! Actually they were the boy and balloon hoax that happen a while ago in Colorado. Very clever...

Halloween was a magical day for all except Baby Sam who is always so good. He never crys so when he could not settle himself we were really worried. Luckily, it was just ear infections. Oh, and Sam has finally decided on an eye color-- brown. I am happy to have him join my team.
I hope you all had a lovely day too.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I love that you added the bit about the eye color! you make me smile and I wish we lived next door to each other, or at least down the street again...miss you!

Ruthahona said...

I too love Sam's brown eyes. Go team. Also, thank you for posting all the great pictures documenting the day. I love Grandpa and Sam at UPS, and the Halloween pictures. What a day, what a night.