Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Binkies...Nuks...Pacifiers


Call them what you will, but we have no more! I have been meaning to document this for Isaac because I am so proud of him. A couple of weeks ago, after a few nights of waking up to put his Bink back in his mouth, I finally said, "NO MORE!" I realize that I should have said it about a year ago, but you do what you gotta do. So my plan: Binky Fairy... it worked on Supernanny. I gathered the Binkies and after one night of no binkie we took the binkies to the the BIG toy store (toysRus) and Isaac got to pick (almost) any toy he wanted. First he wanted a Leapster, but Santa might bring one so he looked at everything. After searching the store, Isaac picked the Melissa and Doug (wooden) tool set and a little toy boat. Out of all the flashy noise makers, cars, guns, balls,trains, Isaac wanted a screwdriver and hammer. He plays with it all the time. So he gave his binkies (in the walmart bag) to the checkout girl who I slyly informed of my plan. Now we sleep the the night most of the time, and I am thinking of all the things that I can perhaps change with just a trip the toy store!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is awesome! Endless possibilities! Too bad Cason seems to be a thumb sucker - I don't think we will be able to give his thumb away when the time comes :(

Leanne said...

good one! We just cut off the end of Patrick's when it was time and he would say that it was broken. haha I think your way is a little nicer. Plus, new toys!! yeah!!